Northumberland County Council’s Homefinder is hosting a number of roadshows across the county during May and June.
‘Northumberland Homefinder Live’ is for anyone who is looking for housing in Northumberland. Come along and find out more about your housing options.
Our teams will be on hand to:
· Help you apply to join the Northumberland Homefinder Housing Register.
· Tell you about the changes we are making to our Common Allocation Policy.
· Demonstrate how to find out about the homes we have available, including Private Landlord properties and properties from a wide range of Housing Associations.
· Show you how to bid for homes you are interested in.
· Help you apply to swap your current rented home using our Mutual Exchange Scheme.
· Offer advice about grants to help you improve your home.
· Tell you about the services we offer to help you sustain your tenancy.
We also have a number of other services in attendance who offer advice and guidance on a range matters. These include:
· DAWN advice who offer independent and impartial advice on a range of legal issues including debt, housing, employment, welfare benefits and family law.
· Northumberland Credit Union who provide facilities for savings and loans.
· The Energy Saving Trust who can advise on how to stop wasting energy and money.
· Northumberland Employability and Work Service (NEWS) to help you back to work.· Northumberland County Fire Service to advise about home and community safety.